Barrackpur sentence example
- Barrackpur played an important part in the two Sepoy mutinies of 1824 and 1857, but the details of these belong to the general history of British rule in India.
- North Barrackpur had a population in 1901 of 12,600 and south Barrackpur of 19,307.
- Barrackpur subdivision was formed in 1904.
- The first signs of the approaching trouble were displayed at the great military station of Barrackpur, 16 m.
- A fortnight later he wrote, as the result of his inquiries, "We have at Barrackpur been dwelling upon a mine ready for explosion."Advertisement
- The defaulting regiment was, marched down to Barrackpur for punishment.
- He was ordained in 1795, and after holding a chaplaincy in India at Barrackpur (1797-1799) was appointed Calcutta chaplain and vice-principal of the college of Fort William.