Baroti sentence example
- The chief representatives of the strictly " classical " school, which adopted the ancient Greek and Latin authors as its models, were David Baroti Szabo, Nicholas Revai, Joseph Rajnis and Benedict Virag.
- Of Baroti's purely linguistic works the best known are his Ortographia es Prosodia (Komarom, 1800); and the Kisded Szotdr (Kassa, 2784 and 1792) or " Small Lexicon " of rare Hungarian words.
- As a philologist Baroti was far surpassed by Nicholas Revai, but as a poet he may be considered superior to Rajnis, translator of Virgil's Bucolics and Georgics, and author of the Magyar Helikonra vezeto kalauz (Guide to the Magyar Helicon, 1781).
- Among the magazines the most important was the Magyar Muzeum, established at Kassa (Kaschau) in 1788 by Baroti, Kazinczy and Bacsanyi.
- To him it was Revival left to perfect that work of restoration begun by Baroti t th and amplified by Revai.Advertisement
- Baroti, moreover, published (1810-1813) a translation of Virgil's Aeneid and Eclogues.