Barotac sentence example
- Barotac Nuevo >>
- BAROTAC NUEVO, a town of the province of Iloilo, Panay, Philippine Islands, near the Jalaud river, above its mouth on the S.E.
- Pop. (1903) 99 0 4; in 1903 after the census had been taken the neighbouring town of Dumangas (pop. 12,428) was annexed to Barotac Nuevo.
- The name Barotac is from the Spanish word baro, which means mud, as well as the last syllables of tac and lutac. With nuevo, translated as new, added to the name, it distinguished it from another town called Barotac Viejo just a few town to the north.
- Barotac Nuevo is a 4th class municipality in the province of Iloilo, Philippines.Advertisement
- According to local folks, Barotac Nuevo was famous for its well-bred horses.
- The barrio once known as Mulatac now stands the town of Barotac Nuevo.
- Barotac Nuevo is a small town whose main industry and capital is in agriculture.
- Futhermore Barotac Nuevo is consist of 29 baranggays and they have a few colleges in the area like DJSMMNC, ISCOF and etc...