Barnwell sentence example
- Clark, Observances in use at the Augustinian Priory at Barnwell (1897); and an article in [[Journal]] of Theological Studies (v.) by Scott Holmes.
- The president's uncle, Robert Barnwell Roosevelt (1829-1906), was a New York lawyer, New York state fish commissioner in 1866-68, a member of the Committee of Seventy which exposed the corruption of Tammany in New York City, a Democratic member of the national House of Representatives in 1871-73, U.S. minister to the Netherlands in 1888, and author of works on American game birds and fish.
- At Cambridge he obtained fossil shells from the Pleistocene deposit at Barnwell; in the Vale of Wardour he discovered in Purbeck Beds the isopod named by Milne-Edwards Archaeoniscus Brodiei; in Buckinghamshire he described the outliers of Purbeck and Portland Beds; and in the Vale of Gloucester the Lias and Oolites claimed his attention.
- Captain Barnwell turned to his shipyard experience and designed an airframe using duralumin sheets.
- Although deteriorating the Lower Avon did remain navigable to Pershore until it was bought for £ 1,500 in 1950 by Barnwell.Advertisement