Barisanus sentence example
- The arches of the Romanesque portal are beautifully ornamented, in a manner suggestive of Arab influence; the bronze doors, executed by Barisanus of Trani in 1175, rank among the best of their period in southern Italy.
- That on the north is by Barisanus of Trani in southern Italy, an artist probably of Greek origin.
- It is inscribed Barisanus Tran.
- The door by Barisanus is probably of about the same time, as other examples of his work with inscribed dates show that he was a contemporary of Bonannus.
- Pantaleo, almost entirely modernized, has fine bronze doors by Barisanus of Trani (1179), and two pulpits in Cosmatesque work.Advertisement