Baringo sentence example
- The Baringo G.
- BARINGO, a lake of British East Africa, some 30 m.
- The greater kudu, almost unknown elsewhere in East Africa, inhabits the flanks of the Laikipia escarpment to the east of the lake and comes to the foot-hills around Baringo to feed.
- The existence of Lake Baringo was first reported in Europe by Ludwig Krapf and J.
- Speke's map of the Nile sources (1863) Baringo is confused with Kavirondo Gulf of Victoria Nyanza; it figures in Sir H.Advertisement
- Thomson succeeded (he also discovered Lake Baringo and Mt Elgon), but turned back from the frontier of Busoga in order not to provoke Mutesa to hostilities.