Barfleur sentence example
- Numerous small archipelagoes and islands, of which the chief are Belle Tie, Groix and Ushant, fringe the Breton coast.- North of the Bay of St Michel the peninsula of Cotentin, terminating in the promontories of Hague and Barfleur, juts north into the English Channel and closes the bay of the Seine on the -west.
- In May of 1692 he served under Russell at the battle of Barfleur, and he greatly distinguished himself in a night attack on the French fleet at La Hogue, when he succeeded in burning six of their ships.
- BARFLEUR, a small seaport of north-western France, overlooking the Bay of the Seine, in the department of Manche, 222 m.
- In the middle ages Barfleur was one of the chief ports of embarkation for England.
- to the north is Cape Barfleur, with a lighthouse 233 ft.Advertisement