Barbosa sentence example
- Manuel Maria Barbosa De Bocage >>
- Joao Barbosa Rodrigues has done some good work in botany, especially in the study of the palms of the Amazon, and Joao Baptista de Lacerda has made important biological investigations at the national museum of Rio de Janeiro.
- Barbosa Machado, Memorias Para o governo del rey D.
- The Portuguese traveller Barbosa, who visited Gujarat in A.D.
- Balmaceda's generals Barbosa and Alcerrica had here massed their troops in a strong position.Advertisement
- Many distinguished Portuguese teachers returned from abroad to assist the king at the same time, among them Ayres Barbosa from Salamanca, Andre de Gouveia of the Parisian college of St Barbe, whom Montaigne dubbed " the greatest principal of France," Achilles Estago and Diogo de Teive.
- The fifteen volumes of its Memorias, published from 1721 to 1756, show the excellent work done by its members, among whom were Caetano de Sousa, author of the colossal Historia da Casa Real portugueza, Barbosa Machado, compiler of the invaluable Bibliotheca Lusitana, and Soares da Silva, chronicler of the reign of King John I.
- - The corner-stones are the Bibliotheca Lusitana of Barbosa Machado and the Diccionario bibliographico portuguez, by Innocencio da Silva, with Brito Aranha's supplement; while the Bibliotheca Hispana Nova of Nicolao Antonio (1783-1788) may also be referred to.
- the Jesuit Paul Laymann (1 5751635), the Portuguese Agostinho Barbosa (1590-1649), Manuel Gonzalez Tellez (d.
- Shihr or Shehr, is mentioned by Marco Polo, as also by Barbosa.Advertisement
- da Silva Mendes Leal (12 parts, Lisbon, 1856-1897); Diogo Barbosa Machado, Bibliotheca lusitana (4 vols., Lisbon, 1741-1759); Innocencio da Silva and (after vol.
- Writer Berdito Ruy Barbosa created the rich world of Pantanal.