Barbier sentence example
- Barbier, Rene Descartes, sa famille, son lieu de naissance, &c. (1901); Richard Lowndes, Rene Descartes, his Life and Meditations (London, 1878); J.
- p. 1275), by Barbier, for some experiments made on the Northern railway of France with a train of 157 tons mean weight; they are valid between 37 and 77 m.
- Barbier's formula is plotted in fig.
- The extension of the Barbier curve beyond the above limits in fig.
- As given by the Barbier curves in fig.Advertisement
- (Berlin, 1869); Rudolph Sohm, Kirchenrecht (1892); Duchesne, Les Origines du culte chretien (4th ed., Paris, 1908); Bouix, De papa (Paris, 1869); Vacant, Etudes the'ologiques sur les constitutions du concile du Vatican (Paris, 1895); Barbier de Montault, Le Costume et les usages ecclesiastiques (Paris, 1897).
- Among the works produced for the first time or rehearsed with a view to the furtherance of musical art were Wagner's Tannhduser, Der fliegende Hollander, Das Liebesmahl der Apostel, and Eine Faust Overture, Berlioz's Benvenuto Cellini, the Symphonie Fantastique, Harold en Italie, Romeo et Juliette, La Damnation de Faust, and L'Enfance du Christ - the last two conducted by the composer - Schumann's Genoveva, Paradise and the the music to Manfred and to Faust, Weber's Euryanthe, Schubert's Alfonso and Estrella, Raff's Kanig Alfred, Cornelius's Der Barbier von Baghdad and many more.
- For the king's life generally see the memoirs of Saint-Simon, d'Argenson, Villars and Barbier, and for the details of his private life E.
- C. Barbier de Meynards Poisze en Perse (Paris, 1877).
- Schmolders in his Essai sur les ecoles philosophiques chez les Arabes (Paris, 1842), also printed at Constantinople, 1876, and translated into French by Barbier de Meynard in the Journal asiatique (18 77, i.Advertisement
- A drama in verse by Jules Barbier was set to music by C. Gounod (1873).
- Barbier de Meynard, iv.
- Barbier (loc. cit.) gives as the formula for the engine resistance re = 8.51 +3.24S(I.