Barbe sentence example
- He began his studies in his native town, and continued them in Paris at the College Ste Barbe.
- Many distinguished Portuguese teachers returned from abroad to assist the king at the same time, among them Ayres Barbosa from Salamanca, Andre de Gouveia of the Parisian college of St Barbe, whom Montaigne dubbed " the greatest principal of France," Achilles Estago and Diogo de Teive.
- After a short period spent at Cambridge (at God's House, afterwards Christ's College) he entered the university of Paris in 1493, studying successively at the colleges of St Barbe, Montaigu and Navarre, and graduating as master of arts in 1496.
- There was also a wooden statuette of St Barbe (Barbara) complete with her tower.
- In that year Walsingham married a second time, his first wife having died in 1564; his second was also a widow, Ursula, daughter of Henry St Barbe and widow of Sir Richard Worsley of Appuldurcombe, captain of the Isle of Wight.Advertisement
- The St. Barbe, on the homeward voyage, had been seized by the notorious pirate, and scuttled near the Nash Sands.