Barbatus sentence example
- The lammergeier (Gypaetus barbatus) had almost become extinct in 1900; but several varieties of eagle and falcon are left.
- The lammergeyer (Gypaetus barbatus), once common, is now extremely rare, even if it has not already become extinct in the Alps; but the golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) still holds its own.
- Dianthus barbatus (Sweet William): hardy, I to I i ft., crimson, purple, white or parti-coloured.
- Other distinct kinds are P. campanulatus, 12 ft., pale rose, of bushy habit; P. humilis, 9 in., bright blue; P. speciosus, cyananthus and Jaffrayanus, 2 to 3 ft., all bright blue; P. barbatus, 3 to 4 ft., scarlet, in long terminal panicles; P. Murrayanus, 6 ft., with scarlet flowers and connate leaves; and P. Palmeri, 3 to 4 ft., with large, wide-tubed, rose-coloured flowers.
- There are 25 species of raptors including lammergeier Gypaetus barbatus and four other vultures (Hillman, 1993 ).Advertisement