Barbarus sentence example
- - Editions by Hermolaus Barbarus (Rome, 1492); Dalecampius (Lyons, 1587); Gronovius (Leiden, 1669); Hardouin (Paris, 1685); Franz (Leipzig, 1778-1791); Sillig, with index by O.
- barbarus of Tunisia and Morocco, and the still smaller C. e.
- Thus it is suggested that Barabra is a real ethnical name, confused later with Greek and Roman barbarus, and revived in its proper meaning subsequent to the Moslem conquest.
- The inconsistency of his attitude is shown by his use, side by side, of the contemptuous expressions barbarus (applied to the Romans) and pergraecari (applied to the Greeks).
- Red deer (Cervus elaphus barbarus), which differ from the typical European species only in the fact that the second tine is absent from their antlers, a peculiarity which they share with the red deer of Spain and Corsica, are still found in the forest of Beni Saleh in the department of Constantine, but are being exterminated by forest fires and poaching Arabs.Advertisement
- A couplet of Propertius is written upon the walls of Pompeii in the following form: "Quisquis amator erit, Scythiae licet ambulet oris, I Nemo adeo ut feriat, barbarus esse uolet."