Barbaroux sentence example
- The piece was at first called Chant de guerre de l'armee du Rhin, and only received its name of Marseillaise from its adoption by the Provençal volunteers whom Barbaroux introduced into Paris, and who were prominent in the storming of the Tuileries.
- Charles Jean Marie Barbaroux >>
- See Memoires de Petion, Barbaroux, Buzot, published by C. A.
- Of those who escaped to the provinces the greater number, after wandering about singly or in groups, were either captured and executed or committed suicide, among them Barbaroux, Buzot, Condorcet, Grangeneuve, Guadet, Kersaint, Petion, Rabaut de Saint-Etienne and Rebecqui.
- Barbaroux, Petion, Louvet, Madame Roland.Advertisement
- CHARLES JEAN MARIE BARBAROUX (1767-1794), French revolutionist, was educated at first by the Oratorians of Marseilles, then studied law, and became a successful advocate.
- Volunteers and federes were constantly arriving in Paris, and, although most went on to join the army, the Jacobins enlisted those who were suitable for their purpose, especially some 500 whom Barbaroux, a Girondin, had summoned from Marseilles.
- Barbaroux accused Robespierre of aiming at a dictatorship, and Buzot demanded a guard recruited in the departments to protect the Convention.
- In October Louvet reiterated the charge against Robespierre, and Barbaroux called for the dissolution of the Commune of Paris.
- For the Legislative Assembly and the Convention the memoirs of Madame Roland, of Bertrand de Molleville, of Barbaroux, of Buzot, of Louvet, of Dumouriez are instructive.Advertisement
- The piece was at first called Chant de guerre de l'armee du Rhin, and only received its name of Marseillaise from its adoption by the ProvenÃ§al volunteers whom Barbaroux introduced into Paris, and who were prominent in the storming of the Tuileries.