Barante sentence example
- P. Baron de Barante, Histoire des ducs de Bourgogne, (Brussels, 1835-1836); B.
- He became vicar-general of Orleans in 1861, professor of ethics at the Sorbonne in 1862, and, on the death of Barante, a member of the French Academy in 1867, where he occupied the seat formerly held by Voltaire.
- AMABLE GUILLAUME PROSPER BRUGIERE, BARON DE BARANTE (1782-1866), French statesman and historian, the son of an advocate, was born at Riom on the 10th of June 1782.
- de Barante was appointed ambassador to Turin, and five years later to St Petersburg.
- Barante's Histoire des ducs de Bourgogne de la maison de Valois, which appeared in a series of volumes between 1824 and 1828, procured him immediate admission to the French Academy.Advertisement
- Pasquier, Beugnot, de Barante, Cuvier, Mounier, Guizot and Decazes had been imperial officials.
- de Barante was an eminent man of letters.