Baran sentence example
- Sahl, whose daughter Baran he afterwards married.
- The town is situated on a height on the right bank of the Kali-Nadi, whence the substitution of the names Unchanagar and Bulandshahr (high town) for its earlier name of Baran, by which it is still sometimes called.
- 1018, when Mahmud of Ghazni appeared before Baran and received the submission of the Hindu raja and his followers to Islam.
- During this period, however, Baran had properly no separate history, being a dependency of Koil, whence it continued to beadministered under the Mahratta domination.
- The railways, undertaken by the state, are: (I) from Bina on the Indian Midland to Goona; (2) an extension of this line to Baran, opened in 1899; (3) from Bhopal to Ujjain; (4) two light railways, from Gwalior to Sipri and Gwalior to Bhind, which were opened by the viceroy in November 1899.Advertisement