Barada sentence example
- (3) A succession of oases lying east of the eastern mountain system on the edge of the steppe, and fed by short local streams. Of these the most important are, from north to south, (a) the Saltpan of Jebeil, fed by the North al-Dahab; (b) the oases of Kinnesrin and Aleppo, fed by the North Kuwaik; and (c) that of Sham or Damascus, fed by streams from Hermon, of which the Barada (Abana) and the Awaj (Pharpar) are the chief.
- Of the valleys descending westward the first to claim mention is the Wadi Yafufa; a little farther south, lying north and south, is the rich upland valley of Zebedani, where the Barada has its highest sources.
- The site is indicated by ruins of a temple, aqueducts, &c., and inscriptions on the banks of the river Barada at Suk Wadi Barada, a village called by early Arab geographers Abil-es-Suk, between Baalbek and Damascus.
- 12), now generally identified with the Barada (i.e.
- As the Barada escapes from the mountains through a narrow gorge, its waters spread out fan-like, in canals or "rivers," the name of one of which, Nahr Banias, retains a trace of Abana.Advertisement
- The river Barada (the Abanah of 2 Kings v.
- Damascus is situated on both banks of the Barada, about 2 m.
- It is quadrangular, surrounded by a moat filled by the Barada.
- Gravely wounded, Klaatu tells Helen to take him to Gort and tell Gort "Klaatu Barada Nikto."
- In the Sixties, everyone knew 'Klaatu Barada Nikto'.Advertisement
- The Lost-in-Space Robinsons employed their robot as a sort of general factotum, and even Gort, of Klaatu Barada Nicto fame, was only following orders.