Barada sentence example
- Of the valleys descending westward the first to claim mention is the Wadi Yafufa; a little farther south, lying north and south, is the rich upland valley of Zebedani, where the Barada has its highest sources.
- The site is indicated by ruins of a temple, aqueducts, &c., and inscriptions on the banks of the river Barada at Suk Wadi Barada, a village called by early Arab geographers Abil-es-Suk, between Baalbek and Damascus.
- As the Barada escapes from the mountains through a narrow gorge, its waters spread out fan-like, in canals or "rivers," the name of one of which, Nahr Banias, retains a trace of Abana.
- Damascus is situated on both banks of the Barada, about 2 m.
- It is quadrangular, surrounded by a moat filled by the Barada.Advertisement
- Gravely wounded, Klaatu tells Helen to take him to Gort and tell Gort "Klaatu Barada Nikto."
- In the Sixties, everyone knew 'Klaatu Barada Nikto'.
- The Lost-in-Space Robinsons employed their robot as a sort of general factotum, and even Gort, of Klaatu Barada Nicto fame, was only following orders.