Bantin sentence example
- BANTIN, or BANTING, the native name of the wild ox of Java, known to the Malays as sapi-utan, and in zoology as Bos (Bibos) sondaicus.
- The white patch on the rump distinguishes the bantin from its ally the gaur.
- Bulls of the typical bantin of Java and Borneo are, when fully adult, completely black except for the white rump and legs, but the cows and young are rufous.
- Tame bantin are bred in Bali, near Java, and exported to Singapore.
- Bantin >>Advertisement
- In other respects they appear to come nearest to the bantin.
- All the species may be included in the genus Bos, with several subgeneric divisions (see Anoa, Aurochs, Bantin, Bison, Buffalo, Gaur, Gayal, Ox and YAK).
- A second group of the genus Bos is represented by the IndoMalay cattle included in the sub-genus Bibos (see Bantin, Gaur and Gayal); they are characterized by the more or less marked flattening of the horns, the presence of a well-marked ridge on the anterior half of the back, and the white legs.