Bande sentence example
- Scriptores, Bande i.
- The great history of the German migrations, Die Konige der Germanen, Bande i.-vi.
- (Munich and Wiirzburg, 1861-1870), Bande vii.-xi.
- The Annales were first published in 1525 and are printed in the Monumenta Germaniae historica, Bande iii.
- See Forschungen zur deutschen Geschichte, Bande ix.Advertisement
- von Giesebrecht, Geschichte der deutschen Kaiserzeit, Bande i., ii.
- Scriptores, Bande vi., xii.
- Pertz in the Monumenta Germaniae historica, Bande i.
- When the kingdom of Naples was overrun by the French and the Parthenopaean Republic established (1799), Cardinal Ruffo, acting on behalf of the Bourbon king Ferdinand IV., who had fled to Sicily, undertook the reconquest of the country, and for this purpose he raised bands of peasants, gaol-birds, brigands, &c., under the name of Sanfedisti or bande della Santa Fede (" bands of the Holy Faith").
- and die Schweizer Bande, which he delivered in Vienna on March 21, 1860.Advertisement
- In the papal states a society called the Sanfedisti or Bande della Santa Fede had been formed to checkmate the Carbonari, and their behaviour and character resembled those of the Calderai of Naples.