Bance sentence example
- - Sherbro Island, Bance, Banana, Turtle, Plantain and other minor islands, also Turner's Peninsula, a narrow strip of land southward of Sherbro Island, extending in a S.E.
- An English fort was built on Bance Island in the Sierra Leone estuary towards the close of the 17th century, but was soon afterwards abandoned, though for a long period the estuary was the haunt of slavers and pirates.
- English traders were established on Bance and the Banana islands as long as the slave trade was legal.
- wrong-footed the keeper and found Bance lurking at the far post like a drunk on a park bench!
- A quick pass across the goal wrong-footed the keeper and found Bance lurking at the far post like a drunk on a park bench !Advertisement