Banas sentence example
- The chief rivers of Rajputana are the Luni, the Chambal and the Banas.
- Next in importance ranks the Banas, which rises in the south-west near Kankroli in Udaipur.
- Banas and the Sabarmati, which rise among the south-west hills of Udaipur and take a south-westerly course.
- Ajmere is almost totally devoid of rivers, the Banas being the only stream which can be dignified with that name, and it only touches the south-eastern boundary of the district so as to irrigate the pargana of Samur.
- It is an isolated spur of the Aravalli range, being completely detached from that chain by a narrow valley 7 miles across, in which flows the western Banas.Advertisement
- Besides these there are many minor streams. The Banas and the Saraswati take their rise in the Aravalli hills, and flowing eastward through the native state of Palanpur, fall into the Runn of Cutch.