Bambusa sentence example
- The fruit in Bambusa, Arundinaria and other genera resembles the grain generally characteristic of grasses, but in Dendrocalamus and others it is a nut, while rarely, as in Melocanna, it is fleshy and suggests an apple in size and appearance.
- They are mostly natives of China and Japan and belong to the genera Arundinaria, Bambusa and Phyllostachys; but include a few Himalayan species of Arundinaria.
- The South American bamboo (Bambusa guadia) has a very wide range, and is found nearly up to the limit of perpetual snow.
- Arundinaria (Bambusa Palmata) - A beautiful species, about 5 feet high, conspicuous from the size of its leaves, which are often used by Japanese peasants to wrap up the bit of salt fish or other condiment which they eat with their rice.
- Bambusa Palmata Tessellata - A very beautiful species having the largest leaves of any of the hardy Bamboos.Advertisement