Bamborough sentence example
- David regained the shelter of Carlisle, a legate from Rome made peace, and Prince Henry received the investiture of Northumberland, without the strong fortresses of Bamborough and Newcastle.
- Burgh, Bamborough, Aylesbury, Bury; -bourne, -borne, -burn (O.E.
- Yet in the following year he had to be bought off by the grant of all Northumberland (save Newcastle and Bamborough) to his son Earl Henry.
- He was continually raiding Northumbria and once almost succeeded in reducing Bamborough.
- BAMBURGH, or Bamborough, a village in the Berwick-uponTweed parliamentary division of Northumberland, England, on the sea-coast, 22 m.Advertisement
- He restored Christianity, and in accordance with the traditions of Irish episcopacy chose the island of Lindisfarne, close to the royal city of Bamborough, as his see.
- During the early part of Oswio's reign the Northumbrian kingdom was repeatedly invaded and ravaged by the Mercians, and on one occasion (before 651) Penda besieged and almost captured the Northumbrian royal castle at Bamborough.