Baluze sentence example
- - Baluze, Histoire genealogique de la maison d'Auvergne (1708); Andre Imberdis, Histoire generale de l'Auvergne (1867); J.
- Baluze, who became his secretary in 1656, helped him with the work and finished it, adding clever appendices and publishing the whole in 1688 under the title Marca hispanica.
- Marca's biography was written in Latin by two of his intimate friends, Etienne Baluze, his secretary (Epistola ad Samuelem Sorbierium, de vita, gestis et scriptis Petri de Marca, Paris, 1663), and his cousin, Paul de Faget (at the beginning of a collection of Marca's theological pamphlets, first published by Paul de Faget in 1668).
- It was supposed to contain heretical propositions and caused a good deal of scandal, inciting Baluze against Faget, both of whom abused the other, to defend the memory of the prelate.
- The Commonitorium has been edited by Baluze (Paris, 1663, 1669 and 1684) and by Klapfel (Vienna, 1809).Advertisement
- and De constructione Castri Saphet (Baluze, Miscellanea, ii.).
- is not in the earlier editions of Lactantius; it was discovered and printed by Baluze in 1679.
- His last work, Chronicon Paschale a mundo condito ad Heraclii imperatoris annum vigesimum (Paris, 1689), was passing through the press when Du Cange died, and consequently it was edited by Etienne Baluze, and published with an eloge of the author prefixed.
- - Baluze, Vitae paparum avenioniensium (1305-1394), 2 t.
- 2 Baluze, Capitularia Regum Francorum, ii.Advertisement
- The rough draft of his notes, however, upon Books x.-xvi., which afterwards came into the hands of Baluze, is preserved in the Paris library (Lat.
- (1623), by Stephanus Baluzius (Etienne Baluze, q.v.), and sometimes attributed to her, is undoubtedly spurious.
- - Agobard's works were lost until 1605, when a manuscript was discovered in Lyons and published by Papirius Masson, again by Baluze in 1666.
- Pithoeus added variae lectiones and the first seven letters (Paris, 1580); Ritterhusius made various conjectural emendations (Altorf, 1611), and Baluze many more based on MS. authority (Paris, 1663-1669).
- Salvian's works are reprinted (after Baluze) in Migne's Cursus patrologiae, ser.Advertisement
- The latter's valuable Dialogus contra Fraticellos (Baluze and Mansi, Miscellanea, iv.