Balu sentence example
- The general character of the country is hilly, rising westwards in a gentle slope from the chief stream, the Nam Hpilu or Balu.
- The first of these two divisions is the southern portion of the valley of the Hpilu, or Balu stream, an open, fairly level plain, well watered and in some parts swampy.
- West of the Balu valley the continuation of the eastern rim of the Myelat plateau rises in Loi Nangpa to about 5000 ft.
- The Balu stream flows out of the Inle lake, and is navigable from that point to close on Lawpita, where it sinks into the ground in a marsh or succession of funnel holes.
- Whitehead, Exploration of Mount Kini Balu (London, 1893); Mrs W.Advertisement