Ballymena sentence example
- On the death of Domhnall in 911 Niall Glundubh became king of Ailech, and he then attacked and defeated the king of Dalriada at Glarryford, in County Antrim, and the king of Ulidia near Ballymena.
- Rhyolites were erupted locally near Tardree, Ballymena and Glenarm.
- Glacial gravels are well seen near Antrim town, and as drumlins between Ballymena and Ballycastle.
- The chief routes are: - Belfast, Antrim, Ballymena (and thence to Coleraine and Londonderry); a line diverging from this at White Abbey to Carrickfergus and Larne, the port for Stranraer in Scotland; branches from Ballymena to Larne and to Parkmore; and from Coleraine to Portrush.
- The principal towns are Antrim (pop. 1826), Ballymena (10,886), Ballymoney (2952), Carrickfergus (4208), Lame (6670), Lisburn (11,461) and Portrush (1941).Advertisement
- The constabulary force has its headquarters at Ballymena.
- The assize town is Belfast, and quarter sessions are held at Ballymena, Ballymoney, Belfast, Lame and Lisburn.
- east of Ballymena, is notable as being the scene of St Patrick's early life.
- SAMUEL DAVIDSON (1807-1898), Irish biblical scholar, was born near Ballymena in Ireland.
- ALEXANDER CAMPBELL (1788-1866), American religious leader, was born near Ballymena, Co.Advertisement
- Ballymena >>
- Down), but very soon afterwards he was elected bishop of Connor (now a small village near Ballymena).
- BALLYMENA, a town of Co.
- Antiquities in the neighbourhood are few and the present buildings of Ballymena Castle and Galgorm Castle are modern.
- SINI's Ian Humphries was named as player of the tournament, which is a great achievement for the young Ballymena player of the tournament, which is a great achievement for the young Ballymena player.Advertisement