Ballivian sentence example
- Ballivian, Apuntes sobre la industria de goma elastica, &c. (La Paz, 1896); Noticia Politica, Geogrdfica, Industrial, y Estadistica de Bolivia (La Paz, 1900); Breves Indicaciones Tiara el Inmigrante y el Viajero a Bolivia (La Paz, 1898); Monografias de la Industria Minera en Bolivia, three parts (La Paz, 1899-1900); Relaciones Geogrdficas de Bolivia existentes en el Archivo de la Oficina Nacional de Inmigracion, &c. (La Paz, 1898); M.
- Ballivian and Eduardo Idiaquez, Diccionario Geogrdfico de la Republica de Bolivia (La Paz, 1999); Andre Bresson, Sept annees d'explorations, de voyages et de sejours dans l'Amirique australe (Paris, 1886); Enrique Bolland, Exploraciones practicadas en el Alto Paraguay y en la Laguna Gaiba (Buenos Aires, 1901); G.
- The Santa Cruz party, however, remained strong in Bolivia, and soon revolted successfully against the new head of the government, ultimately installing General Ballivian in the chief power.
- Taking advantage of the disturbed condition of Bolivia, Gamarra made an attempt to annex the rich province of La Paz, invading it in August 1841 and besieging the capital; but in a battle with Ballivian his army was totally routed, and Gamarra himself was killed.
- Ballivian remained in the presidency till 1848, when he retired to Valparaiso, and in the end of that year General Belzu, after leading a successful military revolution, took the chief power, and during his presidency endeavoured to promote agriculture, industry and trade.Advertisement
- The latter, becoming president, succeeded by Colonel Adolfo Ballivian, who died in 1874.
- Upon the death of Adolfo Ballivian, immediately after the conclusion of this treaty with Peru, Dr Tomas Frias succeeded to the presidency.
- Mossbach, Bolivia (Leipzig, 1875); Theodore Child, The South American Republics (New York, 1891); Vicente de Ballivian y Rizas, Archive Boliviano.