Ballantrae sentence example
- Here he was very quiet, and steadily active with his pen, writing both the greater part of the Master of Ballantrae and many of his finest later essays.
- but turned into a voluntary exile prolonged until the hour of his death": he never again left the waters of the Pacific. The "Casco" proceeded first to the Marquesas, and south and east to Tahiti, passing before Christmas northwards to Honolulu, where Stevenson spent six months and finished The Master of Ballantrae and The Wrong Box.
- at the mouth of the Stinchar is the fishing village of Ballantrae (pop. 511) .
- The Scottish seaboard is divided for administrative purposes into twenty-seven fishery districts, namely, on the east coast, Eyemouth, Leith, Anstruther, Montrose, Stonehaven, Aberdeen, Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Banff, Buckie, Findhorn, Cromarty, Helmsdale, Lybster, Wick (15); on the north, Orkney, Shetland (2); on the west, Stornoway, Barra, Loch Broom, Loch Carron and Skye, Fort William, Campbeltown, Inverary, Rothesay, Greenock, Ballantrae (10).
- ophiolite zone at Ballantrae, around Lendalfoot and Colmonell, pectolite and chrome spinel occur.Advertisement