Balaninus sentence example
- Larval " weevils " mostly feed on the roots of plants, but some, such as the nut weevil (Balaninus nucum), live as larvae inside fruit.
- Among these the beetle Balaninus nucum, the nut-weevil, seen on hazel and oak stems from the end of May till July, is highly destructive to the nuts.
- One of the commonest members of this family in Great Britain is the nut weevil, Balaninus nucum.
- A nearly allied form, Balaninus glandium, attacks both hazel nuts and acorns.
- Balaninus glandium, magnified.Advertisement