Balan sentence example
- In this volume, it should be noted, The Idylls of the King was completed at last by the publication of "Balin and Balan"; it contained also the superb address "To Virgil."
- But it chanced to find as its exponent a poet whose genius established a model for his successors, and definitely fixed the type of later heroic poems. The other early chansons to which reference is made in Roland - Aspremont, Enfances Ogier, Guiteclin, Balan, relating to Charlemagne's wars in Italy and Saxony - are not preserved in their original form, and only the first in an early recension.
- La destruction de Rome is a 13th-century version of the older chanson of the emir Balan, who collected an army in Spain and sailed to Rome.
- quellenkritisch untersucht (1889); P. Balan, Storia di Gregorio IX e dei suoi tempi (3 vols., Modena, 1872-1873); F.
- The district consists entirely of an alluvial plain, in which the principal rivers are the Ganges, Buri Gandak, Baghmati and Little Baghmati, Balan and Little Balan, and Tiljuga.Advertisement
- Br., 1886); P. Balan, Storia di Gregorio IX.
- (Florence, 1893); Hugo Lammer, Monumenta Vaticana, &c. (Freiburg, 1861); P. Balan, Monumenta saeculi XVI.
- p. 414 (2nd ed., 1874); P. Balan, Clemente VII.
- A list of works is given by Balan, SchopenhauerLiteratur (1880); see also G.
- [In addition to the above works see Balan, Fra Paolo Sarpi (Venice, 1887) and Pascolato, Fra Paolo Sarpi (Milan, 1893).Advertisement
- See also Pericaud, Fragments biographiques sur Jacob Sadolet (Lyons, 1849); Joty, Etude sur Sadolet (Caen, 1857); Balan, Monumenta, vol.