Bainsizza sentence example
- Though the Italian advance on the Bainsizza plateau had come so near to a definite break through, it had left the Italian II.
- Neither sector of the line was satisfactory for defence, and on the Bainsizza there had been little time to make adequate preparations, because of the rocky nature of the ground.
- Henriquez's attack on the Bainsizza plateau, although it met with some initial success, was readily repulsed, and Badoglio's troops captured several hundred prisoners in a strong counterattack.
- It was obvious that the positions on the Bainsizza could not be maintained.
- Many guns had to be left on the eastern bank, including 46 heavy batteries, which had been brought all the way from the Bainsizza.Advertisement