Bainbridge sentence example
- Sir Henry Savile (1549-1622) thereupon appointed him in 1619 to the Savilian chair of astronomy just founded by him at Oxford; Bainbridge was incorporated of Merton College and became, in 1631 and 1635 respectively, junior and senior reader of Linacre's lectures.
- In 1509 he went with Cardinal Christopher Bainbridge, archbishop of York, to Rome, where he won the esteem of Pope Leo X., who advised Henry VIII.
- Bainbridge suggests that a retention of metabolic products may cause the oedema in renal disease, Bradford having previously shown that loss of a certain amount of renal tissue caused retention of metabolic products in the tissues.
- When the war of 1812 broke out between Great Britain and the United States, Bainbridge was appointed to command the United States frigate "Constitution" (44), in succession to Captain Isaac Hull.
- Under Bainbridge she was sent to cruise in the South Atlantic. On the 29th of December 1812 he fell in with H.M.S.Advertisement
- After the conclusion of the war with Great Britain, Bainbridge served against the Barbary pirates once more.
- At the close of the month Captain Bainbridge sailed with the "Constitution," "Essex" (32) and "Hornet" (18) on a southerly cruise.
- They were also much engaged in seeking for the American cruisers under Rodgers, Decatur and Bainbridge.
- "BAINBRIDGE COLBY (1869-), American politician, was born at St.
- Finds of wine amphora at Bainbridge Roman Fort imply that life for the Roman soldier had its pleasures.Advertisement
- Bainbridge had therefore to expect, and when he could to elude or beat off, much interference on the part of French and British cruisers alike.
- Bainbridge Island Winery and Vineyards makes an 8 percent residual sugar wine from the island's fresh strawberries every summer.