Bailli sentence example
- It did little more than arrange for the administration of justice by nominated jurats (scabini) under the count's bailli.
- On retiring from the service he married Francoise de Castellane, and left at his death, in 1737, three sons - Victor marquis de Mirabeau, Jean Antoine, bailli de Mirabeau, and Comte Louis Alexandre de Mirabeau.
- For Charles de Beauvillier, gentleman of the chamber to the king, governor and bailli of Blois, the estate of Saint Aignan was created a countship in 1537.
- In the spring of 1781 the bailli de Suffren was sent to the East with a small squadron; on his way he fell upon a British force which had been sent to take the Cape from the Dutch, and which he found in the Portuguese anchorage of Porto Praya, on the 16th of April.
- When Montauban's duplicity was discovered he was deprived of his office of bailli of Cotentin and banished.Advertisement
- He treated Simon de Montfort as if he were a royal bailli; but it was not in virtue of any deep-laid scheme of his that in the end Amaury de Montfort, Simon's son, resigned himself to leave his lands to the Crown of France, and gave the Crown a power it had never before possessed in Languedoc.
- His father was bailli of the Cotentin, and Saint-Pierre was educated by the Jesuits.
- References  EWCA Civ 1598 Further Details For the full-text transcript of this case, please visit BAILLI.
- A charter of 1212 of Count Ferdinand (of Portugal) and his wife Johanna introduced a modified system of election for the scabini; a further charter (1228) fixed the executive at 39 members, including scabini and members of the commune, and ordained that the bailli of the count and his servientes, like the podestds of Italian cities, were not to be natives of Ghent.