Bagamoyo sentence example
- BAGAMOYO, a seaport of German East Africa in 6° 22' S., 3 8 ° 55' E.
- distant, Bagamoyo became the startingpoint for caravans to the great lakes, and an entrepot of trade with the interior of the continent.
- The buildings include the residence of the administrator, barracks, a government school for natives, a mosque and Hindu temple, and the establishment of the Mission du Sacre Caur, which possesses a large plantation of coco-nut palms. Bagamoyo is in telegraphic communication with Zanzibar and with the other coast towns of German East Africa, and has regular steamship communication with Zanzibar.
- Of the explorers who made Bagamoyo the starting-point for their journeys to the interior of Africa, the most illustrious were Sir Richard Burton, J.
- The narrow foot-plateau of British East Africa broadens out to the south of Bagamoyo to a width of over loo m.Advertisement
- The seaports of the colony are Tanga (pop. about 6000), Bagamoyo 5000 (with surrounding district some 18,000), Dar-es-Salaam 24,000, Kilwa 5000, (these have separate notices), Pangani, Sadani, Lindi and Mikindani.
- Sadani is a smaller port midway between Pangani and Bagamoyo: Lindi (10° o' S., 39° 40' E.) is 80 m.
- Mwanza, on the southern shore, is the lake terminus of the route from Bagamoyo: Bukoba is on the western shore, and Schirati on the eastern shore; both situated a little south of the British frontier.
- Bagamoyo >>
- BAGAMOYO, a seaport of German East Africa in 6Ã‚° 22' S., 3 8 Ã‚° 55' E.Advertisement
- Sadani is a smaller port midway between Pangani and Bagamoyo: Lindi (10Ã‚° o' S., 39Ã‚° 40' E.) is 80 m.