Bagamoyo sentence example
- The buildings include the residence of the administrator, barracks, a government school for natives, a mosque and Hindu temple, and the establishment of the Mission du Sacre Caur, which possesses a large plantation of coco-nut palms. Bagamoyo is in telegraphic communication with Zanzibar and with the other coast towns of German East Africa, and has regular steamship communication with Zanzibar.
- The narrow foot-plateau of British East Africa broadens out to the south of Bagamoyo to a width of over loo m.
- The seaports of the colony are Tanga (pop. about 6000), Bagamoyo 5000 (with surrounding district some 18,000), Dar-es-Salaam 24,000, Kilwa 5000, (these have separate notices), Pangani, Sadani, Lindi and Mikindani.
- Sadani is a smaller port midway between Pangani and Bagamoyo: Lindi (10° o' S., 39° 40' E.) is 80 m.
- Mwanza, on the southern shore, is the lake terminus of the route from Bagamoyo: Bukoba is on the western shore, and Schirati on the eastern shore; both situated a little south of the British frontier.Advertisement
- Sadani is a smaller port midway between Pangani and Bagamoyo: Lindi (10Ã‚° o' S., 39Ã‚° 40' E.) is 80 m.