Bacher sentence example
- From the middle of the 7th till the 11th centuries the exilarchs were all descendants of Bostanai, through whom "the splendour of the office was renewed and its political position made secure" (Bacher).
- Bacher, Leben and Werke des Abulwalid and die Quellen seiner Schrifterkldrung (Leipzig, 1885); id., Aus der Schrifterklarung des Abulwalid (Leipzig, 1889); id., Die hebr.-arabische Sprachvergleichung des Abulwalid (Vienna, 1884); id., Die hebrciisch-neuhebraische and heb,.-aramaische Sprachvergleichung des Abulwalid (Vienna, 1885).
- South of the Drave Styria is traversed by the following ramifications of the southern zone of the eastern Alps: the Bacher Gebirge with the Cerni Vrch or Schwarzer Berg (5078 ft.), and the Sannthaler or Steiner Alps with the Oistriza (77 0 9 ft.) and the highest peak of the group, the Grintovc or Grintouz (8429 ft.), which is situated on the threefold boundary of Carinthia, Carniola and Styria.
- All the errors of detail in Bacher's work have been corrected by Dr Rieu in his Catalogue of the Persian MSS.
- His critical edition of the Psalms (1882-1883) was his chief contribution to biblical exegesis, but after his death Professor Bacher edited Graetz's Emendationes to many parts of the Hebrew scriptures.Advertisement