Baccio sentence example
- In 1483-5486 Giuliano della Rovere (nephew of Pope Sixtus IV., and afterwards himself Pope Julius II.) caused the castle to be erected by Baccio Pontelli, a little to the east of the ancient city.
- Baccio Valori, a Medicean who had been in the imperialist camp, now took charge, and the city was occupied by foreign troops.
- 1540) by Giuliano di Baccio of Florence, with his tomb by Raffaello da Montelupo.
- The rich and beautifully executed intarsia work may be due to Baccio Pontelli.
- FRA BARTOLOMMEO DI PAGHOLO (1475-1517), the Italian historical and portrait painter, - known also as Baccio (short for Bartolommeo) Della Porta (because he lived near the Porta Romana), was born at Soffignano, near Florence, in 1475, and died at Florence in 1517.Advertisement
- The account which has come down to us is that Mantegna began engraving in Rome, prompted by the engravings produced by Baccio Baldini of Florence after Sandro Botticelli; nor is there anything positive to invalidate this account, except the consideration that it would consign all the numerous and elaborate engravings made by Mantegna to the last sixteen or seventeen years of his life, which seems a scanty space for them, and besides the earlier engravings indicate an earlier period of his artistic style.