Babylonian exile sentence example
- There are cogent reasons for placing Joel either earlier or later than the great series of prophets extending from the time when Amos first proclaimed the approach of the Assyrian down to the Babylonian exile.
- for no one doubts that some of the psalms date from after the Babylonian exile.
- 12 (" to-day, also, do I declare that I will render double unto thee ") have no sense unless they refer back to the deliverance from Babylonian exile.
- remained at Avignon till the day of his death, so that with him begins the so-called Babylonian Exile of the popes.
- Another Ahab is known only as an impious prophet in the time of the Babylonian exile (Jer.Advertisement
- The word is of Babylonian origin, adopted by the Jews with other calendar names after the Babylonian exile.
- Thus began that Babylonian exile of the popes which placed them in subjection to the French Jatio~ crown and ruined their prestige in Italy.