Babinski sentence example
- Babinski or plantar reflex is triggered by stroking one side of the infant's foot upward from the heel and across the ball of the foot.
- Another type of reflex test is called the Babinski test, which involves gently stroking the sole of the foot to assess proper development of the spine and cerebral cortex.
- When performing the Babinski reflex test, the doctor will gently stroke the outer soles of the person's feet with the mallet while checking to see whether the big toe extends out as a result.
- A normal response to the Babinski reflex test depends upon the age of the person being examined.
- Babinski sign-Dorsiflexion (curling) of the big toe on stimulating the sole of the foot.Advertisement