Babak sentence example
- He received a careful education at Ctesiphon from his father Fatak, Babak or Patak (H arbaoc).
- When he returned thence, the caliph gave him the choice between the government of Khorasan and that of the northern provinces, where he would have to combat Babak the Khorramite.
- Twenty years later they entered Asia Minor, whence in a later period they came into Europe, under the name of Athinganoi (Ziganes) and Egyptians (gipsies).2 A far more difficult task lay before Motasim, the subjection of Babak al-Khorrami in Azerbaijan.
- Therefore, in the year 835, Motasim made Afshin, a Turkish prince who had distinguished himself already in the days of Mamun, governor of Media, with orders to take the lead of the war against Babak.
- After three years' fighting, Babak was taken prisoner.Advertisement
- For long afterwards the place where this happened bore the name of "Babak's Cross."
- In the hope of creating a diversion in Babak's favour, Theophilus in 837 fell upon and laid waste the frontier town of Zibatra.
- The news arrived just after that of the capture of Babak, and Motasim swore to take exemplary vengeance.
- In the year 848-849 Ibn Ba`ith, who had rendered good service in the war against Babak, but had for some cause been arrested, fled from Samarra to Marand in Azerbaijan and revolted.