Apochromats sentence example
- Abbe called such systems " apochromats."
- Good apochromats often have as many as twelve lenses, whilst systems of simpler construction are only achromatic, and are therefore called " achromats."
- Even in apochromats it is not possible to entirely remove the chromatic difference of magnification, i.e.
- In the apochromats the chromatic difference of the spherical aberrations is eliminated, for the spherical aberration is completely avoided for three colours.
- In German and French microscopes the optical length of the tube, when apochromats and compensation-eyepieces are used, is 180 mm.Advertisement
- As powerful achromatic objectives show differences of chromatic magnification in the same way as apochromats, compensation eyepieces can be used in combination with these objectives.