Ape-like sentence example
- The later stages of evolution leading from his ape-like ancestors to man have consisted definitely in the acquirement of a larger and therefore more educable brain by man and in the consequent education of that brain.
- The cranium, pronounced by Huxley to be the most ape-like yet discovered, was remarkable for its enormous superciliary ridges.
- The foreheads of these two skulls have an ape-like form, obvious on comparison with the simian skulls of the gorilla and other apes, and visible even in the smallscale figures in the Plate, fig.
- That still doesn't explain how a human can evolve from an ape-like ancestor, does it?
- Add to that the initial shock, surprise or even terror of unexpectedly seeing a huge ape-like creature, and you can understand why there isn't any better photographic evidence.Advertisement