Aom sentence example
- Mastoiditis is usually a consequence of a middle ear infection called acute otitis media (AOM).
- Acute or classic mastoiditis refers to acute disease following AOM and involves the development of an abscess behind the ear.
- The bacteria that cause mastoiditis are those most commonly associated with AOM.
- In the first, called acute otitis media (AOM), parts of the ear are infected and swollen, and fluid and mucus are trapped inside the ear.
- Treatment of AOM is focused on relieving any pain that may be present and addressing the infection itself.Advertisement
- If the initial treatment plan fails to work within 48 to 72 hours, the physician may reconsider the diagnosis of AOM.
- Treatments that have been used for AOM include homeopathy, acupuncture, herbal remedies, chiropractic treatments, and nutritional supplements.