Antiochus iii sentence example
- The Parthian king Arsaces, who was attacked by Antiochus III.
- But it was the old cry of the " autonomy of the Hellenes," raised by Smyrna and Lampsacus, which ultimately brought Antiochus III.
- An alternative route went from the Indian ports to the Persian Gulf, and thence found the Mediterranean by caravan across Arabia from the country of Gerrha to Gaza; and to control it was no doubt a motive in the long struggle of the Ptolemaic and Seleucid houses for Palestine, as well as in the attempt of Antiochus III.
- Aratus carried out a recension of the Odyssey, and Berossus composed a Babylonian history in Greek; under Antiochus III.
- The most famous are Antiochus III.Advertisement
- It was used by kings Antiochus III.
- When Molon revolted on the accession of the youthful Antiochus III.
- The Aetolians now invited Antiochus III.
- Lampsacus or Smyrna, could still make good their independence against Antiochus III.
- The whole of Syria was brought under the Seleucid sceptre, together with Cilicia, by Antiochus III.Advertisement
- In the Orontes, north of the city, lay a large island, and on this Seleucus Callinicus began a third walled "city," which was finished by Antiochus III.
- During the 2nd century B.C. north-western India was invaded and partially conquered by Antiochus III.
- Self-interest led his ministers to make serious preparations to meet the attacks of Antiochus III.
- Linguistic facts and certain points in the contents seem to him to show that our Esther is a work of the age of the Seleucidae; more precisely he thinks of the time of the revolt of Molon under Antiochus III.