Anti-submarine sentence example
- The few capital ships which happened to be there put to sea, and it was recognized that the base would be unsafe until anti-submarine defences were installed.
- The use of aircraft for anti-submarine work led to the demand for a periscope which could be used for looking overhead.
- The next solution was to develop anti-submarine frigates that could be added to the escort groups.
- That is why in the last few weeks we have bought the new anti-submarine helicopter from Westland - the best.
- merchantmanft were used for anti-submarine and patrol work, or for minesweeping and escorting merchantmen.Advertisement
- In July 1940 the Squadron started bombing raids on the Channel ports and anti-submarine patrols and continued night attacks during the winter.
- To know about anti-submarine warfare, crews had to know how submarines worked.