Anti-rh sentence example
- Rh disease, for example, has been controlled by the advent of anti-Rh globulin; its administration to Rh-negative mothers has reduced one risk factor for CP.
- Rh disease in the newborn is rare in developed countries due to routine screening of maternal blood type and routine prevention of anti-Rh antibodies in Rh negative women after each birth of an Rh positive infant.
- Both diseases have similar symptoms, but Rh disease is much more severe, because anti-Rh antibodies cross over the placenta more readily than anti-A or anti-B antibodies.
- If the Rh-negative woman is not isoimmunized, a repeat antibody determination is done around 28 weeks' gestation, and the expectant woman should receive an injection of an anti-Rh (D) gamma globulin called Rhogham.
- The anti-Rh antibodies from the preparation destroy fetal RBCs in the mother's blood before they can sensitize the maternal immune system.Advertisement