Anti-atlas sentence example
- The Anti-Atlas or Jebel Saghru, also known as the Lesser Atlas, running parallel to and south of the central range, is one of the least elevated chains in the system, having a mean altitude of not more than 5000 ft., although some peaks and even passes exceed 6000 ft.
- As to the relation of the Anti-Atlas to the Atlas proper at its western end nothing certain is known.
- In the Tagharat pass Mr Maw was the only one of the party who reached the watershed; but from Jebel Tezah a good view was obtained southward across the great valley of the Sias to the Anti-Atlas, which appeared to be from 9000 to io,000 ft.
- Dr Oskar Lenz in 1879-1880 surveyed a part of the Great Atlas north of Tarudant, determined a pass south of Iligh in the Anti-Atlas, and penetrated thence across the Sahara to Timbuktu.
- Such were parts of the first and middle ranges, crossed once; three routes over the Great Atlas, which was, moreover, followed along both flanks for nearly its whole length; and six journeys across the Anti-Atlas, with a general survey of the foot of this range and several passages over the Jebel Bani.Advertisement
- He crossed the Great Atlas in its central section, explored its southern border, and, in part, the Middle and Anti-Atlas ranges.
- The southernmost mountain system of the Anti-Atlas thus consists of crystalline basement and Paleozoic sediments.