Anno sentence example
- Saalfeld grew up around the abbey founded in 1075 by Anno, archbishop of Cologne, and the palace built by the emperor Frederick I.
- Other encyclicals, such as those on Christian marriage (Arcanum divinae sapientiae, 10th February 1880), on the Rosary (Supremi apostolatus oficii, 1st September 1883, and Superiore anno, 5th September 1898), and on Freemasonry (Humanism genus, 20th April 1884), dealt with subjects on which his predecessor had been accustomed to pronounce allocutions, and were on similar lines.
- Bruckner (Leipzig, 1901; also written in Polish); Chmielowski, History of Polish Literature (in Polish, 3 vols.); Stanislaus Tarnowski, History of Polish Literature (in Polish); Grabowski, Poezya Polska po roku 1863 (Cracow, 1903); Heinrich Nitschmann, Geschichte der polnischen Literatur (Leipzig; sine anno).
- By the ukaz of the 20th of December 1699 it was next commanded that henceforth the new year should not be reckoned, as heretofore, from the 1st of September, supposed to be the date of the creation, but from the first day of January, anno domini.
- Deserted by her friends Agnes retired, and forthwith Anno began to rule the state.Advertisement
- But soon he was compelled to share his duties with Adalbert, archbishop of Bremen, and a year or two later Adalbert became virtually the ruler of Germany, leaving Anno to attend to affairs in Italy.
- This division seems incredible, especially in face of the poem inserted in the chronicle (sub anno 942).
- Fox relates that "the registers of London make mention of certain Dutchmen counted for Anabaptists, of whom ten were put to death in sundry places in the realm, anno 1535; other ten repented and were saved."
- For a short time Anno exercised the chief authority in the kingdom, but he was soon obliged to share this with Adalbert, archbishop of Bremen, retaining for himself the supervision of Henry's education and the title of magister.
- The office of chancellor of the kingdom of Italy was at this period regarded as an appanage of the archbishopric of Cologne,and this was probably the reason why Anno had a considerable share in settling the papal dispute in 106 4.Advertisement
- Having cleared himself of this charge, Anno took no further part in public business, and died at Cologne on the 4th of December 1075.
- C. Moens, who reprinted an affidavit signed by Emanuel van Meteren, 28 May 1609, to the effect that " he was brought to England anno 1550.
- Thus the volume which had been begun in Paris in 1538 was completed in London, the colophon stating that it was " Fynisshed in Apryll, Anno M.Ccccc.Xxxix."
- Anno Sims is yet another forum where you'll find lots of game mods for both Sims 2 and Sims 3.