Annes sentence example
- After abolishing the cabinet council system in favour during the rule of the two Annes, and reconstituting the senate as it had been under Peter the Great, - with the chiefs of the departments of state, all of them now Russians again, as ex-officio members under the presidency of the sovereign, - the first care of the new empress was to compose her quarrel with Sweden.
- To secure the removal of the interdict the leading statesmen who were identified with the policy of his father - Goncalo Mendes the 23 chancellor, Pedro Annes the lord chamberlain 1223--121248.
- He reinstated Pedro Annes, made Vicente chancellor, and appointed Martim Annes chief standard-bearer (alferes mor).
- In January the death of Catherine had rejoiced the hearts of Henry and Anne Boleyn, but Annes happiness was short-lived.
- Annes marriage was declared null, and Henry found a fifth queen in Catherine Howard, a niece of Norfolk, a protge of Gardiner, and a friend of the Catholic church.Advertisement
- A new Tory party had sprung up, not distinguished, like the Tories of Queen Annes reign, by a special ecclesiastical policy, but by their acceptance of the kings claim to nominate ministers, and so to predominate in the ministryhimself.
- In the previous year Ward, then living at St Annes, was made a burgess by order of the mayor.
- A cut above bustling and brassy Blackpool, Lytham St Annes attracted gentry eager to make their homes in the town.
- I personally have been out & about my usual haunts are Lewin Street / White Horse Alley / St Annes Road / Stallard Way.
- Queen Annes Lace is the wild progenitor of the domesticated carrot.Advertisement
- I've been to Barcelona and - just a tinier bit down on the international glamor stakes - Lytham St Annes.
- The church was served in a nobler manner in 1704 by the abandonment of first-fruits and tenths by the queen for the purpose of raising the pittances of the poorer Union clergy (see QUEEN ANNES BouNTY).
- I 've been to Barcelona and - just a tinier bit down on the international glamor stakes - Lytham St Annes.
- The Wild Carrot (Daucus Carota) or Queen Annes Lace is one of many umbelliferous plants to be found growing around the world.
- A double form, very handsome on warm soils, is known as Queen Annes Jonquil.Advertisement