Ankle deep sentence example
- She made it to the sand before being forced to slow to a walk by the ankle-deep, loose sand.
- She made it to the sand before forced to slow to a walk by the ankle-deep, loose sand.
- Dean half-felt his way across the parking lot in his bare feet, cursing the pebbles and splashing through ankle-deep puddles at curbside before stumbling into the absolute darkness of the beach-side path.
- He might butcher all day, till he waded ankle-deep in blood, and then at nightfall kneel, sobbing for very joy, at the altar of the Sepulchre - for was he not red from the winepress of the Lord?
- The artillery and baggage wagons moved noiselessly through the deep dust that rose to the very hubs of the wheels, and the infantry sank ankle-deep in that soft, choking, hot dust that never cooled even at night.Advertisement