Angra sentence example
- Angra served as a refuge for Queen Maria II.
- Luderitz, a Bremen tobacco merchant, approached Bismarck on the question of establishing a trading station on the coast at Angra Pequena.
- The settlement of Angra Pequena caused much ill-feeling in Cape Colony, which was, however, scarcely justified, for the Cape ministry was equally Germany responsible with the British government for the dila and toriness which led to the loss of what is now German Great South-West Africa.
- The islands off the coast of Angra Pequena, together with others north and south, were annexed to Great Britain in 1867 and added to Cape Colony in 1874.
- The powers of evil are in all points the oppositeof the good; at their head being the Evil Spirit (angra ma-inyu, Ahriman).Advertisement
- Lisbon, Elvas and Angra in the Azores, were considered first-class fortresses, but only Lisbon had modern defences.
- In 1828 the garrison of Angra declared The for Maria II., endured a siege lasting four months, and finally took refuge in the island of Terceira, Wars.
- A number of small islands off the coast of German South-West Africa, chiefly valuable for their guano deposits, also belong to Cape Colony (see Angra Pequena).