Anga sentence example
- After the defeat of the Abyssinians at Debra Sin in August 1887 Gondar was looted and fired by the dervishes under Abu Anga.
- Bhagalpur formed a part of the ancient Sanskrit kingdom of Anga.
- Garments for outdoor wear are the anga, or angarkha, the chapkan, the achkan or sherwani; the anga, a coat with full sleeves, is made of any material, white or coloured.
- The anga is now considered old-fashioned, and is chiefly worn by elderly men or religious persons.
- Over the anga is sometimes worn an overcoat called a choga; this is made of any material, thick or thin, plain or ornamented; it has one or two fastenings only, loops below the breast whence it hangs loosely to below the knees.Advertisement
- In India farther south in cold weather an overcoat called dagla is worn; this is an anga padded with cotton wool.
- Whereas the European wears his waistcoat under his coat, the Indian wears his over his anga or chapkan (not over the achkan).
- The Bora wears the anga, otherwise he resembles the Meman.
- Hindus wear the angharkha or anga as Mahommedans do, but whereas theMahommedan has the opening on the left the Hindu wears it on the right.
- When the kurta is worn it is worn under the anga.Advertisement
- Anga Diaz has been the heartbeat of Cuban percussion from Irakere to the Afro Cuban All Stars.